SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES:
The Women’s Bible Class – (for retired seniors)
Meets in the Mark Room (Second Floor).
Led by Mary Jane Ludwig, 717-412-4822
The Wesley Mixed Class – (for 50 & 60 year olds)
Meets in the Luke Room (Second Floor).
Led by Paul and Elsie Haubert, 717-774-2713.
The Thresholds Class – (for 40 & 50 year olds)
Meets in the John Room (Second Floor).
Led by Marcia Draisey, 717-938-5473.
The Rechargers Class – (for parents of young children)
Meets in the Conference Room (Second Floor).
Led by Karen McCauley, 717-774-2288.
Wednesday evenings (Oct – April) Baughman UMC hosts “Bistro” which is an open fellowship meal (6 – 7pm) followed by classes for both kids and adults (7 – 8:30pm). Wednesday night Bistro a great way to “break bread” with friends, and to learn more about the Bible, Faith, and service to neighbor. Classes that are offered vary each session.
Wednesday night Bible Study during Bistro (Oct. – April) @ 7:00pm – 8:30pm.
Baughman’s UMW hosts two circles that meet monthly:
- The Joy Circle meets the 2nd Thursday (Jan., April, May, Sept., and Nov.) at 9:30am.
- The Faith Circle meets the 3rd Monday (April, May, Sept., and Nov.) at 1:30pm.
Examples of our service projects:
- Collecting nonperishable food for food pantries.
- Volunteering at local food pantries
- Collecting diapers for Delta house.
- Serving two lunches at Harrisburg’s UMC Neighborhood Center.
- Birthday/Bingo at Harrisburg's Paxton Home Ministries.
- Putting together health kits for Mission Central.
- Knitting/crocheting/quilting Prayer Shawls for the sick and home bound.
The UMW contributes $10,000+ each year to the church and local missions, and give $5,000 to the UM Annual Conference for mission work throughout the world. Money goes to the United Methodist Children’s Home, Neighborhood Center, Bridges Food Pantry, Ecumenical Food Pantry, Delta House, York Rescue Mission, and Downtown Daily Bread. We adopt “home bound” members and remember them on their birthday and holidays. We fill Christmas bags with fruit, candy, and cookies and deliver to the home bound. We purchase large print Upper Rooms for the homebound and deliver them. The UMW is active with 78 regular members and 30 active women. Our executive board meets 5 times a year where most of our business takes place. Ten women serve on the board.Contact: Dotsy Baiza: email@example.com.
Our Young Men's Fellowship generally meets once a month for Bible Study, dinner, volleyball and fellowship. These events are announced a few weeks before they occur. Please contact Tom Teffeteller: firstname.lastname@example.org.